Iguana Mount Finally! (by flaircandy)
I’ve been trying to learn this trick for 6 months. Then I realized what I went wrong, you need to pull with your arms and carry your weight.
Thank you teacher Kris of Polecats Manila, Sheng Belmonte, Mara Andres, Leanne and Jeannete for helping me achieve this!
Iguana Mount notes:
- It helps if you stick your back / spine to the pole before you lift
- This means you need to lower your head to the floor, and almost touching your legs would be nice
- Yes, flexibility helps both in your hip flexors (so you can plant your spine by the pole) and your shoulder and arms so you can put your hands there no problem.
- Flexibility avoids injury of course
- 6 months ago, it was impossible for me to do this because (1) my core is weak, (2) my hips weren’t as flexible yet, (3) my hands can’t reach the pole without help
- But, after dedication, lots of stretching and taking “WARM-UPS” in class as seriously as I can, it helps a lot!
- use your core and hips to lift bring your leg up
- tighten your core, suck tummy
- know how to round your hips from the bottom and up when you start to lift your legs
- I find that opening your legs straight outwards going up is easier than tucking and jumping
- try not to jump
- if you want to have a feel of it the first time, ask someone to spot and assist you.
- DANGERS: be careful not to twist your arms and shoulders because if you are not stable, there is a tendency for your body to twist a bit and might cause injuries or dislocation eeek!
- DANGERS: when doing it first time, ask someone to spot you. Else, you might fall head down and might injure your neck and head
- LEVELS: you may not get it the first time, but it takes practice and you slowly lift.. lift… lift… until you can fully bring that leg up
Since my Jade is getting better, I was practicing combinations on a spinny pole.
Before and now pic of my Jade :)
I couldn’t reach my toes when I started pole. Now I can do this!
What’s stopping you from trying pole? It has been great for me so far :) It has made me stronger, more flexible. Best of all, my back aches less and I feel good all the time! It’s how I keep fit.
Mid May practice.
Coz I have much free time lately…
I heard love is blind.
Polecats Manila new studio!
Congratulations Polecats for the brand spankin’ new studio at Strata 100!
I took 2 pole classes today… We went back to the basics and we had to polish our tricks and transitions.
Talk about air lift boomerangs 3x in a row, 12 ft high! I was holding on for dear life fearing I’d fall down. With that said, my abs hurt everytime I sneeze - the good pain.
They now offer unlimited classes for 2 months. Check it!
Music “Only You” by Portishead
April practice on a spinny dizzy Loki.
Unreleased Lingerie Photos
Because I worked hard for this body :)
April practice: Knee hold, hummingbird and floor tricks.
Was supposed to practice transitions from these tricks, but was afraid to fall without a mat yet :P next time… SAFETY FIRST! ;)
practicing how to control a spinny pole :) first tricks: lift, thigh hold and cross ankle